Rocky Point Rally 2021 Highlights
Saludos to the 2021 Rocky Point Rally! It sure was fun being there and producing the YouTube video embedded here. You’ll have…Read More
Hello? Hola? Is the beach calling you? If so, the 2021 Puerto Peñasco Beach Rules and Regulations remain the same since the Covid-19 tidal wave last year. However, because much of 2020 was pointless for Rocky Point visitors, you may have stayed away. Or maybe, you possibly had other things on your mind. LOL. So, let’s get busy doing a quick review.
First things first. Let’s get your feet , in the sand on the issue.
Remember, all beaches in Mexico are managed by the federal government. The beach keeper’s department is known as the Federal Maritime and Land Zone Office (ZOFEMAT). The city follows the country on beach mandates.
No one liked all Rocky Point beaches closing to help prevent spreading the coronavirus. Yet it wasn’t ZOFEMAT most people were complaining about. Wrongly, Puerto Peñasco Mayor Kiko Munro was the doormat getting stomped on for the decision.
– A citywide curfew remains in effect with limited beach hours. No moonlit strolls allowed. Don’t be doing any drunken skinny dips. And for God’s sake, stop yourself from sleepwalking in the sand. All beaches open at 6:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. That’s seven days a week. Hopefully, the evening beach hours will be expanding come Summer 2021.
– No Littering on any beaches. Period. This is a given, isn’t it? Because the following is not one of the official 2021 Puerto Peñasco Beach Rules, consider it a request. Please bring a bag for any trash you might accumulate while enjoying your fun in the sun.
– Avoid taking glass bottles or breakable containers to the beach. They are not permitted.
– Do not use the Sea of Cortez or the shoreline as your personal restroom. Like always, you want other beachgoers to be extending the same courtesies to you. When I am going to the beach, for instance, I don’t even want to think about other people “going” if you catch my drift. We are literally all in this together.
– Bringing household pets onto Rocky Point beaches is legal. However, if you bring them to the sand, they they must remain under your control at all times. The regulations call for pets to be always on a leash. So, keeping a watchful eye is not enough. Yes, you know your pet, but others don’t. Part of you being courteous also means you will be required to clean up after your pet.
– Showing respect to all indigenous plants and wildlife is indeed one of the 2021 Puerto Peñasco Beach Rules. Do not try introducing any exotic plants or wildlife to Mexico’s beaches or seas. You can do more harm than you know.
– Fireworks of any kind are not allowed on beaches.
– Having bonfires is not permitted either (However, I agree Beach bonfires do look great in the movies).
– Grills are a “No No.” You may not be using any grill on the beaches. This applies to either oil or charcoal.
– Exercise caution with the entry and exit of boats.
– Follow the instructions provided by lifeguards.
In conclusion, whether or not it is listed as one of the 2021 Puerto Peñasco Beach Rules, let’s all come together in keeping the beautiful beaches clean and safe for everyone who books at our favorite Mexican seaside resort.